Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Well a few more additions:

I installed a pair of Monroe air lift shocks on the back. I did this for two reasons. 1. the old shocks were worn out and needed replacement anyways, and 2. I could raise the rear just a bit to give the car a bit of a 'rake'. It looks much better and rides much nicer.

I installed a voltmeter and also got the oil pressure gauge hooked up. The car originally only had 'idiot' lights for both so at least now I can see what is really going on.

I also developed a slight leak in the passenger side rear axle. So I found a new seal on ebay and bought it. Should have it this week so will tackle that problem next.

I still have a slight vibration at around 2000 rpm. It appeared the tail shaft on the trans could have been hitting the cross member so I put a couple spacers under the mount to raise the trans. It helped but I'm still feeling the vibration. Will have to try to figure that problem out.

No comments:

Post a Comment